ITP: Guile 1.5.6

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Thu Jul 4 10:26:00 GMT 2002

Jan,

The config.site doesn't seem right, like not detecting libintl.  The new
gettext (libintl) requires -lintl and -liconv to properly link.  Also,
it seems like you were having trouble with libtool dependency support.
 I recommend deleting "depcomp install-sh mkinstalldirs missing ..."
before running running automake like this:

automake --add-missing --copy --include-deps

It might be worth your while to briefly pop on that windows machine to
run configure under the "real" deal.  That way you can be sure that
config.site has the proper variables.  However, the autotools are
supposed to work on cross builds as well, by detecting support in the
cross directories...

Before you generate a patch, make sure that you remove the side-effects
of the new autotools.  The specific example is the autom4te.cache dir,
which doesn't need to be distributed.

Chuck, I'm no expert, so you might want to have a look-see at the build
script to see if there is anything else you notice.

Cheers,
Nicholas