Other format: [Raw text]

RE: Weird bug with cp -f [solution that works for me]

  LOL, yes, you could say so.  Whenever we get a new pc here at work where I'm
admin, the first thing I have to do is strip any bundled norton-ware off it and
put a _real_ firewall and _real_ AV on.  It's one of my favourite examples of
software gone wrong:

-  It's bloated and inefficient and slows everything down.

-  It installs absolutely masses of useless garbage, dozens of systray items, and
hooks into every part of the system.

-  It interferes with areas that are way outside its remit.

-  As a consequence, it needlessly destabilizes the entire system.

  Whoever thought it was a good idea to make it so grotesque should have their
brain extracted.

  And diced.

  For purposes of scientific study.

  And to stop them ever doing anything so stupid again!

    cheers,
      DaveK