Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the wholecygwin release/ distribution

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Sigurd the Volsung wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:11:46PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >>
> >>I think there is already a Yggdrasil release or at least there used to
> >>be one.
> >>
> >>-sigurd
> >
> >Don't recall one.
> >
> >-mimir
>
> I knew that the fermented goats milk hadn't addled my brains that much:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil_Linux
>
> -sigurd

Well, technically, "Yggdrasil" in this case was the name of the company,
not the name of the release...  Which company subsequently folded, so we
can still use the name for a Cygwin release.

But if we do choose names for releases from the Norse mythology, we should
save "Loki" for a really special one... :-)

-mimir