Other format: [Raw text]

Fullname in e-mail addresses (Was Re: Spurious "You have multiplecopies of cygwin1.dll on your system.")

Properly TITTTLing...

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, luke.kendall wrote:

> On  7 Oct, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > > We all make mistakes.  :-)
> >
> > Well, "erghm" to you, then...  Could you please add a fullname to your
> > e-mail address, so that these mistakes happen less often? ;-)
>
> Apologies, I hadn't understood that the source of the error was me.
>
> Unfortunately I think I'm overdue to change over to a new MUA - despite
> having "Use From Address" set to: "Luke Kendall" luke.kendall@XXXX...
> it doesn't seem to do the right thing.  So I'll just have to suffer
> until I change clients, which seems fair.
> [snip]

The above doesn't seem quite right.  Did you try setting it to '"Luke
Kendall" <luke.kendall@XXXX...>' (note the '<' and '>')?  Or,
alternatively, 'luke.kendall@XXXX... (Luke Kendall)'?  These are the two
conventions that MTAs use for fullnames, AFAIK.

> >  BTW (OT), there was a web page I found once, called "Command-line NT: It
> >  does exist!".  Unfortunately, the original is gone to the happy place
> >  where all old internet articles go, but you can still read it through the
> >  Internet Archive: <http://web.archive.org/web/20030621125700/http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-04/lw-04-thereandback.html>.
>
> Hey, that's interesting, thanks!  Even with the missing screen
> snapshots, there are some useful tips there.

You might also find <http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/index.shtml> useful
(if a bit dated)...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw