Other format: [Raw text]

Re: 4NT vs. Bash (Was Re: problem with find/grep)

Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote in
Pine.GSO.4.61.0410121300160.24643@slinky.cs.nyu.edu:">news:Pine.GSO.4.61.0410121300160.24643@slinky.cs.nyu.edu:

> Properly TITTTLing...

Ooooohhh!!  And I just learned that I have to *specifically* tell Xnews to
search for new groups; it didn't show this one!!

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Daniel Miller (IMI) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>>
>> > I won't ask the implied "Why not use bash?" question...
>>
>> Hokay, then I won't answer!!  I suspect this subject has been
>> discussed several times in the past here, if I recall past perusal of
>> the list... but there really *are* a few things that 4NT does better
>> (or does at all) as opposed to Bash.
>>
> So, what *are* those things?  It'd be interesting to find out where
> bash is deficient, and what tools could be used in Cygwin instead...
>      Igor

<sigh>
Now I have to go back and use Bash for awhile, to see what I stumbled over
when I tried to use it...  Once I do, I'll return to this subject...

    	Dan