Other format: [Raw text]

Re: cygwin1 dll and JAVA-JNI dll loading is buggy

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 08:38:37AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>>On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 05:32:36PM +0100, someone or other wrote:
>>>Hello Next year (using the current version of cygwin which I can not
>>>remember), I managed to load from java (JNI) a dll (build against
>>>cygwin1.dll) compiled with gcc under cygwin.  Now , I have updated my
>>>cygwin (1.5.9 for me tooday), and it does not work any more.  I saw on
>>>the cygwin mailing list that there is problems with DLL and JAVA under
>>>cygwin.  is it ok know with the latest versions of cygwin1.dll ?
>>
>>Wow, I can't decide if this is a bug report from the future or the
>>past.
>
>I guess we can take this as positive proof that dynamic loading of
>cygwin1.dll will NEVER work.  :-)

Well, I started to work on it once but this big scary Austrian looking
guy materialized in my office holding a machine gun, wagged his finger
at me, blew out my monitor, and then crashed out the side of the house.

A few hours later, another similar looking but somehow friendlier guy
carried a monitor in and hooked it up for me.  But, then he said "Vat is
dis?  Vindows?  Vat kind of girly man are you?", blew out the monitor,
the CPU, and all of my software CDs.

So, no way am I working on this feature.

-John