Other format: [Raw text]

Re: 1.5.12-1: ld (make) Error while compiling

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:38:00PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>  No!  That wasn't him!  That was some other guy _entirely_, he was called
>"pradip jadav".  You can tell they're two different people, because despite the
>fact that they have the identical problem and describe it in identical wording
>with posts from closely-related IP addresses of the same ISP, one of them has a
>hotmail account and the other has a yahoo one!  And besides, on the very last
>line of the make output showing the bug, one said

He, or someone like him, also sent multiple email messages to
"unsubscribe@cygwin.com" and variations thereof, all of which are just
spam honeypot email addresses.  So, he effectively blocked himself from
sending further email and then sent a few more variations of his email
which just showed up in the spam traps.

>> make: *** [mypro] Error 1
>
>and the other said
>
>> make: *** [proxy] Error 1
>
>so that *proves* it, they *have* to be two different people!
>
>Heh, that's why I asked "prasanna hegde" to post his cygcheck.  I
>wanted to publicly mock him when his UID/home path/environment vars
>revealed his poor attempt at socking-up!

Yes, this technique of sending email and seriously pretending to be
someone else is pretty idiotic, IMO.

cgf