Other format: [Raw text]

Re: FW: Your Upload.com Submission Has Been Accepted

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 07:25:49PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 09 April 2006 19:03, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:54:26PM -0700, Peter A.  Castro wrote:
>>>The email address for the "Site Director-CNET Download.com" is
>>>Kelly.Morrison@cnet
>
>>If I don't get any response, I may ask for some volunteers to help
>>convince Kelly.
>
>Not quite sure what to say, though.

That's because I haven't actually asked for volunteers yet.

When I do, I'll try my hardest to make it very clear what I'd like and
then there can be  a bunch of responses which will:

- instruct me in the fact that Kelly could be a man or a woman's name

- express consternation at some misspelling or typo (perceived or real)
in my email

- wonder if I know that I have to hit enter when I send email and suggest
that maybe Kelly never got my message

- express dissatisfaction that I either waited too long or not long enough
to ask for volunteers

- start a humorous thread on cygwin-talk wondering if hippos can send
email or if they like free software or that we drop a hippo on Kelly
(who may be a man or a woman)

- suggest that I didn't really mean volunteers but was actually looking
for someone to render aid

- wonder why we'd be so incredibly mean to these people when they are
offering this useful service

- notice that the cnet site has been there for a while and wonder what
harm it's doing

- possibly question my underlying motives for doing this, suggesting
that I'm turning people away from Cygwin with my rabid anti-cnet
policies

You know, the usual stuff.

So, for now, relax.  If I know Kelly, I'm sure she'll do the right thing
so we won't have to worry about how to word follow-on email.

cgf