Other format: [Raw text]

RE: Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

On 19 April 2006 18:08, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> I remember sitting in an associate's office and commiserating about the
>> *stoopidity* of the whole concept of vi with it's hjkl arrow keys and
>> different modes for input and editing.  Now I'm happily ensconced in
>> that mindset.  I still understand the allure of emacs, though.
>
> FWIW, it's the only mindset that makes sense for touch-typists.  I mean,
> being able to move around the document without taking your fingers off the
> home row -- what can be better? :-)

  Being able to move your spaceship out of the way of that last asteroid
before it hits you instead of wondering which the hell of these
non-topographically-laid-out keys is actually going to make you go up rather
than down ?

    cheers,
      DaveK