Other format: [Raw text]

Beware of falling... cygwins?

Google can't be wrong, can it?

http://google.com/trends?q=hippo%2C+cygwin&ctab=0&date=all&geo=all

This make it look as if it is the *hippos* that are, in
fact, in danger of being crushed by a falling cygwin!

Which raises the question... what is a cygwin, and why would it
be interested in crushing a hippo?  I mean, I know what a cygnet
is, so I'm guessing that a cygwin must be related somehow.  But
I can't see a hippo (not even a dwarf hippo) being threatened by
a young swan, no matter how fast it's falling.  I mean, it would
have to be moving at an... unnatural... speed for it to be threat!

Oh... OH!  It's obvious now... so obvious...

Cygwin's are GIANT CYBERNETIC ALIEN SPACE-SWANS!

Moving at relativistic speeds from the vicinity of 70 Ophiuchi,
they are even now coming... coming... COMING FOR OUR HIPPOS!

Ahem.

Aside from that, it's interesting - but not suprising - that
South Africa has about the same incidence of searches for "hippo"
and "cygwin".

*blinks*

Though apparently, the top language search for "hippo" is Finnish...

Wow.  This is like a free-association conspiracy theory generator.

-Samrobb