Other format: [Raw text]

RE: slow share = slow scripts?

> From: Christopher Faylor
>
> On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 11:19:35AM -0700, clayne@anodized.com wrote:
> >On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:11:09PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> Language, please.  Warning #1.

???  I don't follow.  There's far worse language in the fortune package,
both in quantity and quality, yet you haven't banned (or rather,
unsubscribed) it.

> >Feel the power.
>
> Oh, I do.

Ohhh man oh man clayne, are YOU ever in for the bannin' (well,
unsubscribin') of your life!  You're just lucky that Red Hat's lawyers don't
respond to him anymore!

> What I never understand about excahanges like this is the
> logic of responding to what is suggested as questionable
> behavior by escalated and inarguable questionable behavior,
> i.e., objecting to sarcasm by resorting to name-calling.

"Sometimes people do rude or inconsiderate things which, while lacking any
vituperative language can, nonetheless serve as fodder for an aggrieved
reaction.  The original mailer can fall back on "I didn't say anything" but,
in reality, they are just trolls.  I think I'll take a good flame over a
troll any day."

Who said that?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle