Other format: [Raw text]

RE: No postnews or other Usenet news utilities?

Dave wrote:
> Well, that little yellow guy always does this really
> loathsome grunting and straining and going red in the face
> act that does make him look like he's suffering the world's
> worst case of constipation ever.

It's obvious there are no Pokemon fans here.

Pokemon - a contraction of the English bastardized translation of the
original Japanese name for these characters.  Pokemon is a contraction of
"Pocket Monsters."  They are so called because they live in a little plastic
ball inside a kid's pocket, awaiting such a time as the kid gets in trouble,
whips out his/her ball, and sends his/her Pokemon to fight his/her battles
for him/her (usually against some other kid's Pokemon, said other kid also
being in trouble, likely a fight with said first kid).

Every one of these little critters is a Pokemon.  Yes, they each have their
own individual name (as well as their own trading card, which can be
collected, traded or used to play a card game based on them).  The cards can
also be used to Make Money Fast (or Lose Money Fast!)!  <he says, as he
dives for the shelter to escape the anticipated incoming flamage.>  (Have I
shared my long-winded Pokemon roller-coaster investment story?  Go ahead,
invite me to do so.  I dare you.  :)

Anyway, that little yellow guy?  He has his own name.  H'yah, he really
does.  It's Pikachu.  And, he's my daughter's favorite.

I love my daughter.  My daughter loves Pikachu.  Watch what you have to say
about that Little Yellow Guy, or face the Wrath of Dad.  You have been
warned.

<>< Bruce