Other format: [Raw text]

Re: noninterrupting signals?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 05:50:15PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
I'm having this vague memory of there being differences between signals in
whether SA_RESTART is the default.

Can anyone provide any details or help stir up my memory a bit?
I can stir up your memory. Just let me find my hippo...
(IOW, try posting on the correct list. Hint: this is not the correct list.)

Since SA_RESTART is not a cygwin-specific thing, I think that makes it a question which is only vaguely related to cygwin, so this would make it appropriate.

Since Yitzchak has been around for a while and undoubtedly understands
this type of thing, I assumed that was his intent.

Ah, ok... but this is still, usually, the list of... um... anything related to hippos.

Anyway, I must apologize that I don't know anything about SA_RESTART'ing hippos... but (if I am even understanding this correctly) I thought the usual action on signals was to abort? Not that I know with any reasonable certainty what I am talking about.

--
Matthew
Do not SA_RESTART hippos. Doing so may void your warranty.