Other format: [Raw text]

Maybe better mailing list archive software

I'm testing some software on sourceware now which provides archives for
the mailing lists automatically without any extra effort, allowing me to
scrap all sorts of infrastructure on sourceware just by updating to the
latest version of ezmlm.  One of the things that I'm looking at also
provides RSS feeds.

This is an example for the test-list.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-www.pl?1

It appears that I might be able to turn on the ability to send email to
the list from the web, allowing people to use the archives as some sort
of discussion forum.

I'm soliciting opinions.  Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?
Allowing this would mean that we wouldn't see broken threading all of
the time but there are both spam and cluelessness aspects to allowing
this that trouble me a little.

I assume that I can add more words to the above links but I was
wondering what people thought about the potential new format.  So, of
course, I go where the hippos roam to solicit opinions.

cgf