Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Maybe better mailing list archive software

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I'm testing some software on sourceware now which provides archives for
> the mailing lists automatically without any extra effort, allowing me to
> scrap all sorts of infrastructure on sourceware just by updating to the
> latest version of ezmlm.  One of the things that I'm looking at also
> provides RSS feeds.
>
> This is an example for the test-list.
>
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-www.pl?1
>
> It appears that I might be able to turn on the ability to send email to
> the list from the web, allowing people to use the archives as some sort
> of discussion forum.
>
> I'm soliciting opinions.  Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?
> Allowing this would mean that we wouldn't see broken threading all of
> the time but there are both spam and cluelessness aspects to allowing
> this that trouble me a little.

It's a bit hard to see without actual threaded messages (since nobody
replies to the test list)...

> I assume that I can add more words to the above links but I was
> wondering what people thought about the potential new format.  So, of
> course, I go where the hippos roam to solicit opinions.

Would you be able to temporarily turn on the ability to reply via the web
to the test-list?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.  That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary.  Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel