Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Fwd: Re: Issue downloading appropriate DLLs for CDRTools

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:14:15PM +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> [...]

I figured maybe somebody else would talk to him.

I do have something sitting in my "postponed" folder on the chance that
I see any further indignation coming from the OP's direction about his
imaginary requirements for how Cygwin should work.

>By the way on
>http://www.student.tugraz.at/thomas.plank/
>
>the author packed separatly all the needed dll's
>
>$ unzip dlls.zip
>Archive:  dlls.zip
>   inflating: cygintl-8.dll
>   inflating: cygiconv-2.dll
>
>$ unzip cygwin1.dll_1.7.9_.zip
>Archive:  cygwin1.dll_1.7.9_.zip
>   inflating: cygwin1.dll
>
>without  any trace of source code except the note
>"Sources of the DLLs and additional information concerning cygwin
>can be found here: http://www.cygwin.com";

I think that this has previously been noted.  Arguing with people about
GPL requirements is something that I have grown to really detest.

Anyone else want to contact this guy?  I'll bet he really loves free
software and his reading of the GPL allows this usage and why do we
pick on people who are supporters of free software and his lawyer said
it was ok.

cgf